Puff Back Cleaning in Lipan, Texas
If you're faced with puff back, you've come to the right place. Since 1999, RDS Fire & Water Damage Restoration has been restoring properties which have experienced puff back in the Lipan, Texas area. The technicians at RDS Fire & Water Damage Restoration have years of experience and are fully equipped to contain and restore your property in no time. When you're faced with this frightening situation, don't worry. Call the experts at RDS Fire & Water Damage Restoration, and we'll have your frightening situation contained in a flash.
Free Puff Back Cleaning Quote
What is Puff Back?
Whether you have a hot water heating systems, gas furnace, or oil furnace in your Lipan property, there's always a chance for puff back. However, it is most common with an oil furnace heating system. Puff back occurs when there's a misfiring in the furnace, causing soot to spread into your home, covering your furniture, drapery, walls, ceilings, and everything else. The soot coverage may range from a light dusting to a more concentrated coverage. Though it may be tempting to want to clean the soot, it's better left for the professionals of RDS Fire & Water Damage Restoration to handle. This soot not only is extremely messy and has a strong odor, but its contents can also be carcinogenic, therefore it needs to be thoroughly cleaned and deodorized. RDS Fire & Water Damage Restoration has the manpower, equipment, and expertise to get you back to normal in no time.
What should you do?
If your home or business has experienced a puff back, there are certain actions you can take to begin to remedy the situation, such as,
- Keep hands clean to prevent soot from spreading onto unaffected surfaces
- Place rags/towels on affected areas to contain it
- Throw away all exposed food
- Wash houseplants thoroughly
- Call a professional to fix your furnace
What shouldn't you do?
There are also actions that are best left to the experts at RDS Fire & Water Damage Restoration. Leave the following procedures to the professionals so as not to further damage your property or harm yourself,
- Don't attempt to wash the affected surfaces yourself
- Don't use standard cleaning products which could cause further damage
- Don't attempt to clean any electrical appliances which have been close to fire or water without calling a professional first
- Don't turn on ceiling fans or other fans