Puff Back Cleaning
Whether you have a hot water heating systems, gas furnace, or oil furnace, there is always a chance for puff back. However, it is most common with an oil furnace heating system. Puff back occurs when there is a misfiring in the furnace, causing soot to spread into your home, covering your furniture, drapery, walls, ceilings, and everything else. The soot coverage may range from a light dusting to a more concentrated coverage. Though it may be tempting to want to clean the soot, it is better left for the professionals. This soot not only is extremely messy and has a strong odor, but its contents can also be carcinogenic, therefore it needs to be thoroughly cleaned and deodorized. RDS Fire & Water Damage Restoration has the manpower and equipment to get you back to normal, soot free, in no time.
Free Puff Back Cleaning Quote
What should you do?
When you experience a puff back, there are certain things you should do to help the situation, those being
- Keep hands clean to prevent soot from spreading onto unaffected surfaces
- Place rags/towels on affected areas to contain it
- Throw away all exposed food
- Wash houseplants thoroughly
- Call a professional to fix your furnace
What shouldn't you do?
There are also things you should leave to the professionals at RDS Fire & Water Damage Restoration, including
- Do not attempt to wash the affected surfaces yourself
- Do not use standard cleaning products which could cause further damage
- Do not attempt to clean any electrical appliances which have been close to fire or water without calling a professional first
- Do not turn on ceiling fans or other fans
Since 1999, RDS Fire & Water Damage Restoration has been restoring properties that have experienced puff back. When you are faced with this frightening situation, do not worry. Call the experts at RDS Fire & Water Damage Restoration, and we will have your frightening situation handled in no time.